The end of a relationship can be a dark period in a woman’s life, particularly if they were the one who was broken up with. Breakups can make us question our self worth and our judgement, wondering what we could have done differently to save the relationship.
Or perhaps you’re the one who did the breaking up, but it took its toll on you and you’re still grieving for the past relationship and trying to heal the wounds you suffered in it.
At the end of a relationship our inner critics can be particularly harsh on us, and our minds are forming our inner stories based on our painful recent experiences. This can result in negative beliefs such as “I will be forever alone” or “Men always leave me”. These beliefs can be very traumatic and detrimental to our future happiness.
Positive affirmations are a great antidote to the negative thinking that occurs at the end of a relationship. I’ve listed 20 of my favourite positive affirmations for getting over your ex below. Choose several that speak the most to you and how you’re feeling and repeat them to yourself in the morning and in the evening (like a mantra). If you feel uncomfortable saying them aloud you could write them down repeatedly in a notebook instead, this is also a meditative way to absorb the positive thinking into your mind.
- I forgive myself.
- I forgive my ex.
- I allow myself to feel all of my feelings, including pain and disappointment.
- I release all negative attachment to the past relationship.
- I am whole by myself.
- I am worthy of love.
- I am surrounded by love and everything is and will be ok.
- I am ready to let go of everything that no longer serves me.
- Anything that is not for me will be removed naturally.
- What is for me will not pass me by.
- All things are unfolding as they are supposed to.
- The future has great things in store for me.
- I am capable of feeling love again.
- I set healthy boundaries in my relationships.
- I am worthy of love and only accept the best.
- I let go of my past relationships and look to the future.
- I am excited about this new beginning.
- I choose happiness, health, and harmony.
- I trust that an ending is followed by a beginning.
- This is just a small part of my story.
I hope these positive breakup affirmations help you on your love journey.
All my love,